I am really excited to share this recipe with you today, because it’s ridiculously easy and so good. This hummus-inspired black bean dip recipe takes less than 5 minutes to make; it’s a perfect dish to take to your next party! The dip is made up of easy to find, healthy ingredients, and it’s been a big hit with everyone who’s ever tried it!
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, mostly drained
- 1 small clove garlic, or 1/2 tsp. canned minced garlic
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper or cayenne pepper (optional)
Add all ingredients together and blend until smooth. Add a little more olive oil if needed, until the dip reaches the desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips, carrots, and pita bread or flatbread. If you manage to not eat it all in one sitting (hah), just store it in the fridge.
- A Magic Bullet or immersion blender is best for this recipe, but any type of blender/food processor will also work.
- You’ll want the texture of the black bean dip to be slightly more liquid-y than hummus (or at least that’s how I like it). See the pictures for reference.
Click below to download a printable copy of the recipe!